Together, we prepare, challenge, and support adolescents for participation in society as respectful, responsible, lifelong learners.
Make Safe Choices
Strive for Success
We are committed to high quality, developmentally appropriate, K-8 education characterized by:
- Quality work and relevant learning through challenging integrated curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Relationships that promote trust and safety (physical, emotional, and social) needed for learning and well being.
- Opportunities for all to succeed through core, exploratory, and co-curricular activities.
- Respectful partnerships through "heroic" customer service and communication.
- Development of personal responsibility and accountability through opportunities for significant choice and decisions related to learning.
- High expectations for all who are involved in K-8 education.
- Continue to provide exceptional academic opportunities to all students by assessing and addressing student needs and learning through sound instruction and monitoring.
- Every student will show individual growth during the 2014-15 school year.
- Develop opportunities to assist individual students in specific areas of academic need and enrichment.
- Create a positive and nurturing school environment that respects individual differences and promotes student achievement.
Deep Creek-Damascus K-8 is special because of a strong commitment to excellence and providing the best possible education for all students. The strong academic program is supported by the close partnership that is present with parents and community to support the education of the students. A small rural setting and close-knit community provide an excellent environment for this to occur.